A new map of the English empire in America : viz Virginia, New York, Maryland, New Jarsey, Carolina, New England, Pennsylvania, Newfoundland, New France &c. / by Rob. Morden. ; J. Harris sculp.
- [London] : Sold by Robt. Morden at the Atlas in Cornhill. And by Christopher Brown at ye Globe near the west-end of St. Pauls Church: London., [ca. 1695]
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : engraving ; 51 x 60 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio C 2010 3cYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:6,500,000].
- Relief shown pictorially.
Inset: The harbour of Boston or Massachusetts Bay.
Inset: A generall map of the coast & isles of Europe, Africa and America.
Cumming, W.P. Southeast in early maps (3rd ed.), 119
BAC: British Art Center copy on sheet 54 x 61 cm. Uncolored.
Subject: Map of The United States and Canada showing the Appalachian Mountains running from Virginia to central Florida. Includes inset map of the Atlantic Ocean showing the coastlines in America, Africa and Europe. Also includes an inset of Boston.
- Subject Terms:
- Atlantic Ocean -- Maps.Atlantic Ocean.Boston (Mass.) -- Maps.Canada -- Maps.Canada.Massachusetts -- Boston.United States -- Maps.United States.
- Maps -- United States.
Maps -- Canada.
Maps -- Massachusetts.
Maps -- Atlantic Ocean.
Engravings -- 1695.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Morden, Robert, approximately 1650-1703, A new map of the English empire in America , [ca. 1695]