A new map of the English plantations in America [cartographic material] : both continent and ilands : shewing their true situation and distance from England or one with another / by Robert Morden ... and William Berry.
- Additional Title(s):
English plantations in America
- London : Robert Morden, at the Atlas, in Cornhill, nere the Royal Exchange, and William Berry, at the Globe, between York House and the New Exchange in the Strand, London, [ca. 1677]
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : engraving ; 42 x 52 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio C 2010 3dYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:10,000,000].
- Relief shown pictorially.
Inset: [Northern Europe and American hemisphere].
The second state of this map, ca. 1677, includes "The Rickohockans" to the west of the Applachians, and "Felis Lake" next to the Royal Arms. See: Burden.
Burden, P.D. Mapping of North America, 431
Cumming, W.P. Southeast in early maps (3rd ed.), 73
BAC: British Art Center copy on sheet 48 x 60 cm. Hand-colored.
- Subject Terms:
- Plantations -- United States -- Maps.Plantations -- West Indies -- Maps.United States -- Maps.West Indies -- Maps.
- Maps -- United States.
Maps -- West Indies.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1677.
YCBA Collections Search
Morden, Robert, approximately 1650-1703, A new map of the English plantations in America, [ca. 1677]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.