Morgan, John Minter, 1782-1854, The Christian commonwealth , 1845
- The Christian commonwealth / by John Minter Morgan.
- London : Published by Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand, 1845.
- Physical Description:
- , 40, x p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsHX632 .M67 1845+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lithographs by H.C. Maguire. Printed by M. & N. Hanhart.
With an illustration of the proposed community printed "in oil colours" by George Baxter.
Printed by M'Gowan & Co., Great Windmill Street.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 448
Errata slip tipped in.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in blind- stamped brown publisher's cloth. Title stamped in gilt on front cover. Ms inscription on recto of first free endpaper: Thomas Slingsby Duncombe Esqr. M. P. from the author.
- Subject Terms:
- Agricultural colonies.Chapman and Hall -- Publisher.Christian communities.Duncombe, Thomas Slingsby -- Pres. insc. from John Minter Morgan.M'Gowan & Co. -- Printer.M. & N. Hanhart -- Printer.Morgan, John Minter, 1782-1854 -- Pres. insc. to Thomas Slingsby Duncombe.Utopias.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1845 .
Baxter prints -- 1845.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.