Tuba stentoro-phonica : an instrument of excellent use, as well as at sea, as at land : invented and variously experimented in the year 1670 : and humbly presented to the Kings most excellent Majesty Charles II, In the year, 1671 / by S. Morland ; the instruments (or speaking-trumpets) of all sizes and dimensions, are made and sold by Mr. Simon Beal, one of His Majesties Trumps. in Suffolk-street.
- London : Printed by W. Godbid, and are to be sold by M. Pitt at the White-Hart in Little-Britain, 1672.
- Physical Description:
- , 14 p.,  leaf of plates : ill. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsVK584.S6 M67 1672+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- With a frontispiece portrait of Morland engraved by Pierre Lombart; after Peter Lely.
Includes three engravings illustrating varieties of speaking trumpets, and two engravings illustrating the passage of sound waves through the instrument.
Title page printed in red and black.
Wing (2nd ed.), M2784
ESTC (RLIN), R32122
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in Cambridge-style sprinkled calf. Has bound with it: A brief and plain description of the five orders / Simon Bosboom. London : Printed for Robert Pricke, 1676 - The times mended, or, A rectified account of time by a new luni-solar year / R. W.. London : Printed by E. Tyler ..., 1681 - Architects store-house / collected and set forth by Robert Pricke. London : Printed for Rob. Pricke ..., 1674.
- Subject Terms:
- Gobid, W. -- PrinterMegaphones -- Early works to 1800.Sound -- Early works to 1800.
- Woodcuts -- 1672.
Engravings -- 1672.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.