Morris, Robert, 1701-1754, Architecture improved , 1755
- Architecture improved : in a collection of modern, elegant and useful designs ... : all curiously engraved on fifty copper-plates ... / designed by Robert Morris.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Architectural remembrancer.
- London : R. Sayer, 1755.
- Physical Description:
- xiv p.,  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA997 M67 A73 1755Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- T.p. engraved in red and black.
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers, 1556-1785. Cambridge [England] : Cambridge University Press, 1994,c1990. 565
First published in 1751, with title: Architectural remembrancer.
Illustrations by Parr and Henry Roberts; after Robert Morris.
BAC: Includes head- pieces.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Designs and plans -- Early works to 1800.Architecture -- Early works to 1800.Decoration and ornament, Architectural -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1755.Jones, Inigo, 1573-1652.Sayer, Robert -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.