Rural architecture : consisting of regular designs of plans and elevations for buildings in the country : in which the purity and simplicity of the art of designing are variously exemplified : with such remarks and explanations as are conducive to render the subject agreeable : illustrated with fifty quarto copper-plates / by Robert Morris, surveyor.
- London : Printed for the author, and to be had of him at his house in Hyde-Park-Street, Grosvenor-Square, MDCCL 
- Physical Description:
- , 8, iv p., 50 leaves of plates : ill. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA7328 .M67 1750+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Engravings by Remi Parr; after Robert Morris.
"The first edition of the work, which was later renamed 'Select architecture : being regular designs of plans and elevations ...;"--British Architectural Library.
Engraved vignette on title page.
English short title catalogue, T90200
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers, 574
Archer, J. British domestic architecture, 216.1
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 1478-1840, 2201
List of subscribers: p. [i]-iv.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary half calf and marbled boards. Armorial bookplate: William Charles De Meuron. Earl Fitzwilliam.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Early works to 1800.Architecture, Domestic -- Designs and plans -- Early works to 1800.Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Greek revival (Architecture) -- Early works to 1800.Landscape gardening -- Buildings -- Early works to 1800.Landscape gardening -- Early works to 1800.Meuron, William Charles De, Early Fitzwilliam -- Bookplate.Morris, Robert, 1701-1754, -- Publisher.
- Engravings -- 1750.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
Subscriber's lists -- England -- London -- 1750.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.