Morris, Robert, 1701-1754, Select architecture , MDCCLVII 
- Select architecture : being regular designs of plans and elevations well suited to both town and country : in which the magnificence and beauty, the purity and simplicity of designing, for every species of that noble art, is accurately treated, and with great variety exemplified, from the plain town-house to the stately hotel, and in the country from the genteel and convenient farm-house to the parochial church : with suitable embellishments: also bridges, baths, summer-houses, &c. with estimates to each design by the great square, and such remarks, explanations and scales are annexed, that the comprehension is rendered easy, and subject most agreeable : illustrated with fifty copper plates, quarto / by Robert Morris, surveyor.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Rural architecture.
- The second edition.
- London : Sold by Robert Sayer, opposite Fetter-Lane, in Fleet Street, MDCCLVII 
- Physical Description:
- , 8 p., 50 leaves of plates : ill., plans ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA997.M67 A4 1757+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by Remi Parr; after Robert Morris.
First published in 1750, with the title: Rural architecture.
Wood-engraved head- and tail pieces.
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers, 576
Archer, J. British domestic architecture, 216.4
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in sprinkled calf.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Designs and plans -- Early works to 1800.Architecture -- Early works to 1800.Architecture, Domestic -- Designs and plans -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1757.Morris, Robert, 1701-1754.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.