Morton, Henry, fl. 1807-1825, Views illustrative of Hastings and its vicinity , [Aug. 6, 1817]
Views illustrative of Hastings and its vicinity / drawn and engraved by H. Morton.
- [London] : [H. Morton], [Aug. 6, 1817]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 25 x 35 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.H35 M67 1817+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- The views consist of aquatint engravings.
Imprint from plates.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 156
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original illustrated brown paper wrappers. Illegible inscription.
- Subject Terms:
- Hastings (England) -- Pictorial works.Morton, H. -- Publisher
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1817.
- Hastings from the north
- Hurstmonceaux Castle
- Hastings from the east cliff
- All Saints Church
- Hastings Castle
- Mill on Fairlight Down
- The fish-ponds
- The dripping well
- The lovers' seat
- Covehurst Cottage
- Fairlight Glen
- Ore church and house
- Old Roar
- Hollington church
- Pevensey Castle
- Bodiam Castle
- Gateway of Battle Abbey
- Winchelsea Castle
- View of Battle
- Strand Gateway, Winchelsea
- St. Thomas's Church, Winchelsea
- St. Clements Church
- Old buildings at Hastings
- The Friars Chapel, Winchelsea.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.