Moses, Henry, 1782?-1870, A series of twenty-nine designs of modern costume , 1823
A series of twenty-nine designs of modern costume / drawn and engraved by Henry Moses.
- Additional Title(s):
- London : Published by E. and C. M'Lean, Regent Street, Pall Mall, 1823.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : chiefly ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK4743 .M67 1823+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title, on publisher's printed label: Modern costume. Drawn and engraved by Henry Moses, Esq.
Engraved vignette on title page. Title within decorative border.
Most of the plates represent the fashion of Regency era high society, often set in elegant interiors.
Lipperheideidesche Kostümbibliothek (2. Aufl.), 994
Colas, R. Bibliographie générale du costume et de la mode, 2143
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 428
BAC: British Art Center is the Abbey copy. Bound in dark blue half morocco with blue cloth boards, by Rivière. Publisher's original printed cover label bound in at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Great Britain -- 19th century -- Pictorial works.Costume -- Great Britain -- 19th century -- Pictorial works.Domestic space -- Great Britain -- 19th century -- Pictorial works.E. and C. M'Clean -- Publisher.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1823.Fashion -- Great Britain -- 19th century -- Pictorial works.Great Britain -- Social conditions -- 19th century.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Interior decoration -- Great Britain -- 19th century -- Pictorial works.Rivière -- Bookbinder.
- Costume books -- England -- 19th century.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.