An account of the operations carried on for accomplishing a trigonometrical survey of England and Wales ...
- London, Printed by W. Bulmer and co. for W. Faden, 1799-1811.
- Physical Description:
- 3 v. plates (partly fold.) incl. maps, tables, diagrs. 29 x 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQB296 G8 M8 1799+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BEIR WD 8780: Vol. 1: 28 cm. Bookseller's label, v. 1: Wilson, 88 Royal Exchange, London.
On t.-p. of vol. 1: From the commencement, in the year 1784, to the end of the year 1796. By order of the Honourable Board of ordnance. First published in, and now revised from, the Philosophical transactions, by Captain William Mudge, F.R.S. and Mr. Isaac Dalby, 1799.
On t.-p. of vol. 2: Continued from the year 1797, to the end of the year 1799. By Captain William Mudge ... From the Philosophical transactions, 1801.
Vol. 2 was published in two parts in 1801 and 1804 and is entirely the work of William Mudge, taking the account to 1799.
T.-p. of vol. 3: On account of the trigonometrical survey, carried on by order of the master-general of His Majesty's ordnance, in the years 1800, 1801, 1803-1809. By Lieutenant-Colonel William Mudge ... and Captain Thomas Colby ... 1811.
Vol. 3 is dated 1811 and is by Mudge and Colby.
English short title catalogue, T147629
BAC: Spine title: Trigonometrical survey of England and Wales.
- Subject Terms:
- Bulmer, W. and Co. -- Printer.Downes, Ulysses Bagenal Burgh, Baron, 1788-1864 -- Bookplate.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1799-1811.Faden, W. -- Publisher.Geodesy -- Great Britain.
- Booksellers' labels (Provenance) -- Wilson.
YCBA Collections Search
Mudge, William, 1762-1820, An account of the operations carried on for accomplishing a trigonometrical survey of England and Wales .., 1799-1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.