IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Munday, Anthony, 1553-1633, The fishmongers' pageant, on Lord Mayor's Day, 1616 , 1844
The fishmongers' pageant, on Lord Mayor's Day, 1616 : Chrysanaleia, the golden fishing / devised by Anthony Munday ; represented in twelve plates by Henry Shaw, from contemporary drawings in the possession of the Worshipful Company of Fishmongers ; accompanied with various illustrative documents, and an historical introduction by John Gough Nichols.
- [London] : Printed for the Worshipful Company of Fishmongers, 1844.
- Physical Description:
- 32 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 55 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2010 30 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2010 30 Copy 2View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- The original edition, 1616, has title: Chrysanaleia, the golden fishing, or, Honour of fishmongers.
Printed by John Bowyer Nichols and Son, Westminster.
Lithographs printed by Standidge and Co.
With wood-engraved illustrations within the text.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies, both bound in publisher's gilt-tooled maroon cloth; copy 2 with an unidentified armorial on front cover. The lithographs in copy 1 are hand-colored; copy 2 is uncolored.
- Subject Terms:
- Nichols, John Bowner -- Printer.Pageants -- England -- London.Standidge and Co. -- Printer.Worshipful Company of Fishmongers (London, England)Worshipful Company of Fishmongers -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1844.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1844.
Lithographs -- 1844.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.