Musée des dames et des demoiselles : règne animal [--règne minéral--règne végétal].
- Additional Title(s):
Musée des dames
- Paris : Chez Marcilly Ainé, libraire, rue Saint-Jacques, no. 10, [ca. 1825?]
- Physical Description:
- 6 v. : ill. ; 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQH45.5 .M87 1825Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Caption title: Musée des dames.
"Imprimerie et fonderie de Pinard, rue d'Anjou-Dauphine, no. 8"--Verso of t.p., vol. .
No imprint on vols. -.
Date of publication suggested by Gumuchian.
Each volume has: 35,  p. (last p. blank),  leaf of plates.
Gumuchian & cie. Livres de l'enfance du XVe au XIXe siècle, 4232
Of green leaf, bird, and flower: artists' books and the natural world, p. 166
Fairman, Elisabeth R. Pleasures and pastimes, 225
BAC: British Art Center copy has 6 v. in original publisher's decorated box. Lift-off cover is entirely bordered in heavily ornamented gilt foil with a roll of lozenges and fleurons in a Baroque design, the gilt border extending into the top of the lid by about one half inch. In the corners are four gilt scallop shells. Colored aquatint illustration on cover shows a young woman chasing butterflies. Bottom lip of the box is also gilt and the box is divided into two compartments each holding three volumes. Volumes bound in publisher's green glazed paper, elaborately blind-stamped. The titles of the individual volumes are printed in an oval on the cover which also contains an engraved vignette depicting the subject of the individual volumes.
- Subject Terms:
- Animals -- Juvenile literature.Birds -- Juvenile literature.Butterflies -- Juvenile literature.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1825.Flowers -- Juvenile literature.Fruit -- Juvenile literature.Inseclts -- Juvenile literature.Minerals -- Juvenile literature.Natural history -- Juvenile literature.Shells -- Juvenile literature.
- Juvenile literature -- 1825.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1825.
- IIIF Manifest:
- v.  Règne animal: Les oiseaux
- v.  Règne animal: les insectes
- v.  Règne animal: les papillons
- v.  Règne végétal. Les fleurs
- v.  Règne végétal: les fruits
- v.  Règne minéral: les minéraux et les coquillages.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.