Architecture of the middle ages / drawn from nature and on stone by Joseph Nash.
- Additional Title(s):
Cover title: Nash's Architecture of the middle ages
- [London] : Published by T.S. MacLean, 26, Haymarket, May, 1838.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : chiefly illustrations ; 57 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2016 7 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2016 7 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Lithographed throughout, including title leaf, dedication, list of subjects, and brief introductory text.
Lithographs printed by C.J. Hullmandel.
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 1478-1840, 2236
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is bound in publisher's original gilt-stamped brown cloth, and quarter leather. Uncolored. Bookplate: Henry Drummond, Albany Park, Surrey.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 is bound in contemporary gilt-tooled red morocco. Illustrations are hand-colored and mounted on card to give appearance of original drawings. Title to each plate is written in graphite. Bookplate: William Harrison.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Medieval -- Pictorial works.Church architecture -- Pictorial works.Drummond, Henry -- Bookplate.Harrison, William -- Bookplate.
- Lithographs -- 1838.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1838.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
Nash, Joseph, 1809-1878, Architecture of the middle ages , May, 1838
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.