The mansions of England in the olden time / by Joseph Nash.
- Additional Title(s):
Series of Nash's mansions of England in the olden time
Nash's mansions of England in the olden time
- [London] : Published by T. M'Lean, 26 Haymarket, 1839-1849.
- Physical Description:
- 5 volumes : illustrations ; 55 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsS 402 (Folio B)Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lithographed title pages.
On title pages of volumes 2-4: second, third, and fourth series respectively.
Each of the four series contain 27 leaves, lithographed throughout. The lithographed title leaf of each volume is followed by a leaf bearing a dedication statement on the recto and a list of subjects on the verso. Issued with a letterpress volume, titled : Descriptions of the plates of the mansions of England in the olden time, by Joseph Nash, in four series (iv, 63,  pages ; 23 cm).
Lithographs by Joseph Nash, after his own drawings.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 402
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 1478-1840, 2237
Tooley, R.V. English books with coloured plates, 1790-1860, 337
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Details.Architecture -- England.Architecture, Domestic -- England.Architecture, Domestic.Architecture, Elizabethan.Architecture, English.Architecture, English.Architecture, Tudor.Architecture.England -- Pictorial works.England.Historic buildings -- England.Mansions -- England.
YCBA Collections Search
Nash, Joseph, 1809-1878, The mansions of England in the olden time , 1839-1849
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.