New copper plate magazine : containg select views of noblemens and gentlemens seats in England : taken from original drawings.
- London : Printed by J. Barker, Great Russell Street, Covent Garden, for J. Edwards, Pall Mall, [1789-1796]
- Physical Description:
-  leaf,  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 21 x 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1714 .N49 1789+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Most of the engravings are by John and William Walker, after John Throsby. Also includes a small number of engravings by J. Wigley or John Digby Curtis.
Plates have imprints in the form of "Publish'd by J. Throsby, Leicester, Sep. 4th. 1789, & sold by Wm. [or W. & J.] Walker, [Engravers], [No. 16] Rosoman's St. [or Street], London. Dated at irregular intervals from 4 Sept. 1789 to 1 June 1796.
Plate numbering is irregular.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary half calf with marbled boards.
Comprised predominently of engraved views of houses in Leicestershire and Nottinghamshire, from drawings by John Throsby.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- England -- Leicestershire -- Pictorial works.Architecture, Domestic -- England -- Nottinghamshire -- Pictorial works.Historic buildings -- England -- Leicestershire -- Pictorial works.Historic buildings -- England -- Nottinghamshire -- Pictorial works.Leicestershire (England) -- Pictorial works.Nottinghamshire (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Periodicals -- England -- 18th century.
Viewbooks -- Great Britain -- 1786-1788.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.