New copper plate magazine , [1789-1796]
- New copper plate magazine : containg select views of noblemens and gentlemens seats in England : taken from original drawings.
- London : Printed by J. Barker, Great Russell Street, Covent Garden, for J. Edwards, Pall Mall, [1789-1796]
- Physical Description:
-  leaf,  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 21 x 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1714 .N49 1789+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Comprised predominently of engraved views of houses in Leicestershire and Nottinghamshire, from drawings by John Throsby.
Most of the engravings are by John and William Walker, after John Throsby. Also includes a small number of engravings by J. Wigley or John Digby Curtis.
Plates have imprints in the form of "Publish'd by J. Throsby, Leicester, Sep. 4th. 1789, & sold by Wm. [or W. & J.] Walker, [Engravers], [No. 16] Rosoman's St. [or Street], London. Dated at irregular intervals from 4 Sept. 1789 to 1 June 1796.
Plate numbering is irregular.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary half calf with marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- England -- Leicestershire -- Pictorial works.Architecture, Domestic -- England -- Nottinghamshire -- Pictorial works.Historic buildings -- England -- Leicestershire -- Pictorial works.Historic buildings -- England -- Nottinghamshire -- Pictorial works.Leicestershire (England) -- Pictorial works.Nottinghamshire (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Periodicals -- England -- 18th century.
Viewbooks -- Great Britain -- 1786-1788.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.