IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Livingstone, David, 1813-1873, Missionary travels and researches in South Africa , 1857
Missionary travels and researches in South Africa : including a sketch of sixteen years' residence in the interior of Africa, and a journey from the Cape of Good Hope to Loanda, on the west coast; thence across the continent, down the river Zambesi, to the eastern ocean / by David Livingstone ... ; with portrait; maps by Arrowsmith; and numerous illustrations.
- London : John Murray ..., 1857.
- Physical Description:
- ix, , 687,  p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. maps ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsT 347 (8vo)Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDT731 .L739 1857Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Printed by W. Clowes and Sons, Stamford Street, and Charing Cross.
Illustrations by Josiah Wood Whynper; after Ford, William Holl, C. Bell and Capt. Henry Need.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 347
BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy.
- Subject Terms:
- Africa, Southern -- Description and travel.Clowes, W. and sons -- Printer.Missions -- Africa, Southern.Murray, John -- Publisher.Stevenson, Peter -- Autograph.Thomson, G. -- Autograph.
- Wood engravings -- 1857.
Lithographs -- 1857.
Steel engraving -- 1857.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.