Livingstone, David, 1813-1873, Missionary travels and researches in South Africa , 1857
- Missionary travels and researches in South Africa : including a sketch of sixteen years' residence in the interior of Africa, and a journey from the Cape of Good Hope to Loanda, on the west coast; thence across the continent, down the river Zambesi, to the eastern ocean / by David Livingstone ... ; with portrait; maps by Arrowsmith; and numerous illustrations.
- London : John Murray ..., 1857.
- Physical Description:
- ix, , 687,  p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. maps ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsT 347 (8vo)Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDT731 .L739 1857Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by W. Clowes and Sons, Stamford Street, and Charing Cross.
Illustrations by Josiah Wood Whynper; after Ford, William Holl, C. Bell and Capt. Henry Need.
Abbey, J. R. Travel 347
BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy.
- Subject Terms:
- Africa, Southern -- Description and travel.Clowes, W. and sons -- Printer.Missions -- Africa, Southern.Murray, John -- Publisher.Stevenson, Peter -- Autograph.Thomson, G. -- Autograph.
- Wood engravings -- 1857.
Lithographs -- 1857.
Steel engraving -- 1857.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.