Nicholl, Andrew, 1804-1866, This series of twelve drawings of the northern coast of Ireland , [ca. 1830]
- This series of twelve drawings of the northern coast of Ireland / by A. Nicholl, A.K.H.A. ; is respectfully dedicated by permission to Her Excellency the Comtess of Mulgrave.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Twelve drawings of the northern coast of Ireland
- Belfast : A. Nicoll, [ca. 1830]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : ill. ; 39 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA990.U46 N53 1830+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA990.U46 N53 1830+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The first plate is an engraved dedication to the Queen of England, together with a list of subscribers. The remaining 12 plates are tinted lithographs.
Printed at C. Hullmandel's Lithographic Establishment, 49 Great Marlborough Street.
Date of publication from Abbey.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 462
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 463
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is the Abbey copy (Scenery 462). Plates are uncolored. In original printed wrappers.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 is the Abbey copy (Scenery 463). Plates are hand-colored. Bound in half cloth, with original printed wrappers mounted to boards.
- Carrickfergus from the Scottish Quarter -- Fairhead from the Sea, Co. Antrim -- Doon More and Stack-Na-Calie, Island of Rachery -- Carrick-A-Rede, Co. Antrim -- Pleaskin near the Giants Causeway, Co. Antrim -- Nurse and Child, Pleaskin, Co. Antrim -- Giants Causeway -- Port Coon Cave near the Ginat's Causeway, Co. Antrim -- Dunluce Castle, Co. Antrim -- Ballyreach Castle, near Portrush, Co. Antrimi -- Arched Rock, Fannet, Coast of Donegal -- Benniewelmore, Fannet, Coast of Donegal.
- Subject Terms:
- Hullmandel, C. -- Printer.Marine drawing -- 19th century -- Ireland.Nicoll, A. -- Publisher.Northern Ireland -- Pictorial works.Sea in art.
Lithographs -- 1830.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1830.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.