Nicholson, Francis, 1753-1844, A second series of six views of Scarborough and its vicinity , 
- A second series of six views of Scarborough and its vicinity / drawn from nature and on stone by F. NIcholson.
- Scarborough : Pubd. by W. Wilson, Long Room Street, 
London : Printed by Rowney & Forster, 51, Rathbone Place, 
- Physical Description:
- 6 leaves : illustrations ; 28 x 40 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2014 45cYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Date of publication from Abbey.
All six lithographs are in landscape orientation; the cover title is printed in portrait orientation.
Two other sets of six views (Abbey, Scenery 300 and 301) were published with identical printed wrappers: "Six views of Scarborough ..." (printed by Hullmandel).
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 302
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original printed paper wrappers. Cased with Scenery 300 and 301.
- Carnelian Bay -- Scarborough, from the Whitby Road -- Scarborough -- The New Dyke, Scarborough -- Scarborough -- Bridlington Quay.
- Subject Terms:
- Scarborough (England) -- Pictorial works.Wilson, W. -- Publisher.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1822.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.