IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Augustine, of Hippo, Saint, 354-430, The city of God against the pagans, 1957-72
The city of God against the pagans.
- Additional Title(s):
De civitate Dei. English
- Cambridge, Harvard University Press, 1957-72.
- Physical Description:
- 7 v. 17 cm.
- Reference LibraryBR65.A64 E5 1957 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Latin and English on opposite pages.
Bibliography: v. 1, p. lxxxiii-lxxxix.
- Subject Terms:
- Apologetics -- Early works to 1800.Kingdom of God.
- 1. Books 1-3, translated by G. E. McCracken.--2. Books 4-7, translated by W. M. Green.--3. Books 8-11, translated by D. S. Wiesen.--4. Books 12-15, translated by P. Levine.--5. Book 16-book 18, chapters 1-35, translated by E. M. Sanford and W. M. Green.--6. Book 18, chapter 36-book 20, translated by W. C. Greene.--7. Books 21-22, translated by W. M. Green, and an index to City of God by W. M. Green.