IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Raemaekers, Louis, 1869-1956, The great war, a neutral's indictment , 1916
The great war, a neutral's indictment : one hundred cartoons / by Louis Raemaekers ; with an appreciation by H. Perry Robinson and descriptive notes by E. Garnett.
- London : The Fine Art Society, Ltd., 1916.
- Physical Description:
- , ix-xxx,  pages, 100,  leaves of plates : color illustrations ; 47 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2018 19Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Nigel HamwayView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Frontispiece accompanied by guard sheet with descriptive letterpress; letterpress on versos of plates.
The unnumbered plate is a portrait of the Raemaekers, from a photograph by Compton Collier.
"There have been printed of this edition de luxe 1050 copies, of which 1000 are for sale."
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's gray half cloth and marbled boards. With a presentation inscription from Edward Garnett to Ellen Maurice Heath. Bookplate: Wigan Free Public Library.
- Subject Terms:
- Garnett, Edward, 1868-1937 -- Presentation inscription to Ellen Maurice Heath.Heath, Ellen Maurice -- Presentation inscription from Edward Garnett.Wigan Free Public Library -- Bookplate.World War, 1914-1918 -- Caricatures and cartoons.World War, 1914-1918 -- Humor.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.