Eight select views in the County of Caernarvon, drawn from nature, and on stone / by George Nicholson ; and printed by Charles Hullmandel ; accompanied with topographical and picturesque descriptions, original and selected, by the late George Nicholson, printed by George Smith.
- Additional Title(s):
Eight views in the county of Caernarvon
- London : Published for the artist by J. Dickinson, 
- Physical Description:
- 10 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA745.C3 N53 1827+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Cover title, from original printed wrappers: Eight views in the county of Caernarvon, drawn by George Nicholson, and printed on India paper by C. Hullmandel.
Date of publication from Abbey.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 529
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original printed buff paper wrappers. At top of front cover, in ms: Subscribers copy £1. Has laid in a printed "Address" by George Nicholson, dated 1827, (1 p.), in which he apologizes for supplying the illustrations in lithographed form instead of the copperplate engravings originally proposed.
- Subject Terms:
- Bridges -- Wales -- Pictorial works.Caernarvonshire (Wales) -- Pictorial works.Dickinson, J. -- Publisher.Hullmandel, Charles -- Printer.Smith, George -- Printer.Wales -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1827.
- Rhaiadyr Yr Ogwen
- Llyn Idwal
- Nant Frangon
- Pont Y Menai
- Llanberis Vale
- Twll Du.