Eight select views in the County of Caernarvon, drawn from nature, and on stone / by George Nicholson ; and printed by Charles Hullmandel ; accompanied with topographical and picturesque descriptions, original and selected, by the late George Nicholson, printed by George Smith.
- Additional Title(s):
Eight views in the county of Caernarvon
- London : Published for the artist by J. Dickinson, 
- Physical Description:
- 10 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA745.C3 N53 1827+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title, from original printed wrappers: Eight views in the county of Caernarvon, drawn by George Nicholson, and printed on India paper by C. Hullmandel.
Date of publication from Abbey.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 529
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original printed buff paper wrappers. At top of front cover, in ms: Subscribers copy £1. Has laid in a printed "Address" by George Nicholson, dated 1827, (1 p.), in which he apologizes for supplying the illustrations in lithographed form instead of the copperplate engravings originally proposed.
- Subject Terms:
- Bridges -- Wales -- Pictorial works.Caernarvonshire (Wales) -- Pictorial works.Dickinson, J. -- Publisher.Hullmandel, Charles -- Printer.Smith, George -- Printer.Wales -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1827.
- Rhaiadyr Yr Ogwen
- Llyn Idwal
- Nant Frangon
- Pont Y Menai
- Llanberis Vale
- Twll Du.