The student's instructor in drawing and working the five orders of architecture : fully explaining the best methods for striking regular and quirked mouldings ... : with finished examples ... engraved on forty-one plates / by Peter Nicholson.
- Fourth edition : considerably augmented and improved.
- London : J. Taylor ..., 1815.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 39 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded), 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA2815 N5 1815Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by W. Statford, Crown Court, Temple Bar.
BAC: British Art Center copy contains ms. notes.
BAC: British Art Center copy: Catalogue of modern books on architecture, theoretical, practical, and ornamental ... :  p. bound at end.
Illustrations by J. Dadley and Roberts; after Peter Nicholson.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Orders.Architecture -- Study and teaching.Statford, W. -- Printer.Taylor, J. -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1815.
YCBA Collections Search
Nicholson, Peter, 1765-1844, The student's instructor in drawing and working the five orders of architecture , 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.