[Views in Kent].
- [London : Amelia Noel, No. 189 Piccadilly, 1797]
- Physical Description:
- 4 pt. : chiefly ill. ; 22 x 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.K3 N64 1797+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title from Abbey.
Illustrations drawn and etched by Amelia Noel.
Imprint from plates. Part I published April 30th 1797; part 2, June 1st 1797; part 3, Sept. 1st 1797; part 4, Dec. 1st 1797.
All 4 parts begin with an engraved dedication leaf (to Princess Charlotta) dated April 8th 1797.
"Subscribers' names"--7 p., part 4.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 172
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. In plain blue-gray wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1797.Kent (England) -- Pictorial works.Noel, Amelia, 1759-1818 -- Publisher
- Pt. : Ramsgate Pier
- Lord Holland's house, Kingsgate
- From the Battery at Broadstairs
- Manston Court House
- Margate Pier
- Old Gate dandelion
- pt. : Seat of William Garrow Esq. at Pegwell Bay
- Town of Broadstairs
- Mount Pleasant
- Farm house on the road to Sandwich
- Richborough ruins from the bridge at Sandwich
- Dover Castle & town
- pt. : Stables at Kingsgate [i.e., Deal Castle]
- Mr. Blackburn's wine vaults at St. Peter's
- Deal Castle
- Bridge at Sandwich
- Richborough ruins from Sandwich
- Margate from the road to Broadstairs
- pt. : Albion Place, Ramsgate
- Margate Pier
- Nunnery Kingsgate
- St. Peter's
- Richborough ruins.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.