Noel, Amelia, 1759-1818, [Views in Kent], 1797]
- [Views in Kent].
- [London : Amelia Noel, No. 189 Piccadilly, 1797]
- Physical Description:
- 4 pt. : chiefly ill. ; 22 x 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.K3 N64 1797+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title from Abbey.
Illustrations drawn and etched by Amelia Noel.
Imprint from plates. Part I published April 30th 1797; part 2, June 1st 1797; part 3, Sept. 1st 1797; part 4, Dec. 1st 1797.
All 4 parts begin with an engraved dedication leaf (to Princess Charlotta) dated April 8th 1797.
"Subscribers' names"--7 p., part 4.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 172
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. In plain blue-gray wrappers.
- Pt. : Ramsgate Pier -- Lord Holland's house, Kingsgate -- From the Battery at Broadstairs -- Manston Court House -- Margate Pier -- Old Gate dandelion -- pt. : Seat of William Garrow Esq. at Pegwell Bay -- Town of Broadstairs -- Mount Pleasant -- Farm house on the road to Sandwich -- Richborough ruins from the bridge at Sandwich -- Dover Castle & town -- pt. : Stables at Kingsgate [i.e., Deal Castle] -- Mr. Blackburn's wine vaults at St. Peter's -- Deal Castle -- Bridge at Sandwich -- Richborough ruins from Sandwich -- Margate from the road to Broadstairs -- pt. : Albion Place, Ramsgate -- Margate Pier -- Nunnery Kingsgate -- St. Peter's -- Sandwich -- Richborough ruins.
- Subject Terms:
- Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1797.Kent (England) -- Pictorial works.Noel, Amelia, 1759-1818 -- Publisher
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.