New palace (Westminster) , 21 June 1855
- New palace (Westminster) : return to an address of the Honourable the House of Commons, dated 10 May 1855, for, "Copies of so much of the plans of the architect of the new palace at Westminster as will show the manner in which he purposes to extend the buildings from the clock tower westwards, along Bridge-Street and around New Palace Yard, together with a statement of the purposes for which such buildings are proposed, and a report thereon from the Board of Works.".
- Alternate Title(s):
- Returns relating to the new palace, Westminster.
- [London : s.n.], 21 June 1855.
- Physical Description:
- 7,  p., 5,  folding leaves of plates : ill, plans. ; 35 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA687.W6 N49 1855+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Designs showing Charles Barry's proposals (never undertaken) for new buildings to occupy the site of the old Law Courts and the west and north sides of New Palace Yard.
Title from caption title.
Running title: Returns relating to the new palace, Westminster. Inscribed on docket: W. Cowper (?).
Signed: William Molesworth, First Commissioner of Her Majesty's Works and Public Buildings.
Lithography by Standidge & Co. Plates printed by Henry Hansard.
"Ordered, by the House of Commons, to be printed, 21 June 1855."--Docket.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in later boards
- Subject Terms:
- Barry, Charles, Sir, 1795-1860.Cowper, W. -- Autograph.Hansard, Henry -- Printer.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1855.Westminster Palace (London, England)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.