Every man a compleat builder, or, Easy rules and proportions for drawing and working the several parts of architecture ... / the whole nearly engraved on 51 copper plates ; compiled by the late Edward Oakley ... ; to which is annexed, a plan, elevation, and section of the carpenter's work, erected to support the center-arch of Black-Fryers-Bridge.
- Additional Title(s):
Every man a compleat builder.
Easy rules and proportions for drawing and working the several parts of architecture.
- London : Printed for I. Taylor ..., 1774.
- Physical Description:
- 32 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTH144 O24 1774Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Books printed for I. Taylor ...": p. .
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers. Cambridge [England] : Cambridge University Press, 1994,c1990. 602
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Early works to 1800.Building -- Early works to 1800.Carpentry -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1774.Taylor, I. -- Publisher.
- I. Practical geometry
- II. The five orders of architecture ...
- III. The method of reducing each order into practice, in the formation of designs for doors and windows
- IV. Great variety of carpenter's work ...
- V. Variety of plans, hand rails, newels, banisters and brackets for stair-cases ...
- VI. The builder's dictionary ...