Original sketches in the Punjaub / by a Lady.
- Additional Title(s):
Sketches in the Panjaub
- London : Dickinson, Bro's, 1854.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS485.P87 O75 1854+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title, stamped in gilt: Sketches in the Panjaub.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 483
BM (compact ed.), v. 14, 514
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's blind-tooled red cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Pakistan -- Pictorial works.Dickinson Brothers -- Publisher.Lahore (Pakistan) -- Pictorial works.Pakistan -- Description and travel.Punjab (Pakistan) -- Description and travel.Punjab (Pakistan) -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1854.
- Lahore, from the old race-course
- View of the Shesh Mahal or Palace of Glass
- A portion of Runjeet's Palace
- Tomb of Runjeet Singh, built on the place where his body was burnt with four wives & seven female slaves
- The Shah's Musjid & Walls of Lahore
- Entrance to the Shah's Musjid, from the Thizooree Bagh
- Fragment of Old Mogul Palace
- Entrance to the Viziers Musjid
- Minarets of the Viziers Musjid
- Sonowlee Musjid or Golden Temple
- A street in the city
- Biram Singh's tomb
- Ruins of a gateway on the road to Mooltan
- Anarkullie, from the Mooltan Road
- The Fort of Govindghur, near Umritsir
- Entrance to the Holy Temple at Umritsir, from the Gate of the Kutwallee
- The Holy Temple
- The Akalee Temple
- The Kutwalee from the boarders of the Tank
- A Seikh Temple in honor of Baba Attull Raee.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.