A correct view of the telegraph : with the cabin, and manner of working explained / engraved and sold, by Mr. Orme, historical engraver to His Majesty, and his Royal Highness the Prince of Wales.
- [London] : No. 14, Old Bond Street, London, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ( p.) : ill. ; 15 cm. +  plate.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTK5301 .O76 1796Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- An engraved plate, 13 x 9 cm, illustrating the workings of a telegraph cabin, together with a single-sheet broadside containing an explanation of the illustration and examples of telegraph communication.
Broadside text on recto, title and imprint on verso.
Engraved plate is dated Apl. 25, 1796.
"Price one shilling".
- Subject Terms:
- Communication and traffic -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1796.Orme, Daniel -- Publisher.Telegraph stations -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.