The costume of the Russian Army , 1807
- The costume of the Russian Army / from a collection of drawings made on the spot, and now in possession of the Right Honourable the Earl of Kinnaird ; containing a portrait of His Majesty the Emperor of all the Russias.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Army of Russia containing the uniforms in portrait of the Russian soldiery
- London : Published by Edward Orme, printseller to the King, engraver and publisher..., 1807.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 40 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsUC485.R9 C67 1807+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title, on publisher's illustrated label: Army of Russia containing the uniforms in portrait of the Russian soldiery. Price 1.1.0 Coloured.
Frontispiece (portrait of Alexander II) by J. Godby; after Jean Antoine Pinchon. It is printed in color, à la poupée. Remaining plates unsigned.
Printed by J. Hayes, Dartmouth Street, Westminster.
Hiler, H. Bibliography of costume, p. 191
Colas, R. Costume, 735
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original blue paper wrappers.
- The Body Guard -- Foot Guards -- Chasseur Guards -- Guard at night -- Infantry -- A sailor -- A soldier of the police -- A Cosack.
- Subject Terms:
- Alexander II, Emperor of Russia, 1818-1881 -- Portraits.Godby, J. -- Printer.Military uniforms -- Russia -- Pictorial works.Orme, Edward -- Publisher.Russia -- Armed Forces -- Uniforms -- Pictorial works.Russia. Armii︠a︡ -- Uniforms -- Pictorial works.Stipple engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1807.
- A la poupée prints -- England -- London -- 1807.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.