Record of British naval valour.
- Additional Title(s):
Record of British valour
Record of British valor
- London : Published by Edward Orme, New Bond Street, 
- Physical Description:
-  disc-shaped sheets : color illustrations ; each 8 cm in diameter, in case 9 x 9 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA87.1.N4 R43 1817 FlatYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title from cover of red morocco case (as issued?).
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 469
First card is captioned "Chronological list of naval actions" with imprint: "Published by Edward Orme, Bond Street, 1817." On verso: "Ld. Rodney's Victory."
Cards 2-12 captioned on verso "Naval exploits" with imprint "Pub. by Edw. Orme."
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
Twelve circular cards, each with a colored aquatint view of a naval action and descriptive text on the back. Housed in publisher's circular bronze medal container, upper cover embossed with head of Lord Nelson, "England's Admiral Nelson Duke of Bronte Hor Vicecom Nelson Ob Patriam Pvgnando Mort Oct. XXI, MDCCCV"; and lower cover with Britannia's angel figure on the water, Roman galleys in background, "Record of Naval Valour, Every man has done his duty, Ipse Belli Fvlmen."
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- History, Naval -- 19th century.Great Britain. Royal Navy -- Pictorial works.Medals -- Specimens.Miniature books -- Specimens.Nelson, Horatio Nelson, Viscount, 1758-1805.Slave trade.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1817.
- Ld. Rodney's Victory
- Ld. Howe's Vicory
- Ld. Nelson boarding St Joseph
- Ld. Duncan's Victory
- Battle of the Nile
- Victory at Copenhagen
- Ld. Nelson Trafalger
- Sr. R. Strachan's Victory
- Boarding the Chesapeake
- Bonaparte on the Northumberland
- Storming of Algiers
- Slaves deliv'd Algiers.