Orme, William, active 1797-1819, Studies from nature , 1810
- Studies from nature : arranged as progressive lessons for instruction in the art of drawing landscape / drawn and engraved by William Orme.
- London : Pub. Jany. 24, 1810, by Edwd. Orme, printseller to the King. Engraver & publisher, Bond Strt. corner of Brook Strt., 1810.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 24 x 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC790 .O76 1810+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engraved throughout.
Several of the plates are signed by William rather than Edward Orme.
Illustrations dated 1809-1810.
Engraved cover title.
BAC: Original wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Landscape drawing -- Technique.Orme, Edwd. -- Publisher.
- Drawing books.
Soft-ground etchings -- 1810.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.