IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
English architecture, or, The publick buildings of London and Westminster , [ 1758?]
English architecture, or, The publick buildings of London and Westminster : with plans of the streets and squares, represented in one hundred and twenty-three folio plates : with a succinct review of their history, and a candid examination of their perfections and defects.
- Additional Title(s):
Publick buildings of London and Westminster
- London : Printed for T. Osborne, in Gray's-Inn, [ 1758?]
- Physical Description:
- , 112,  pages,  leaves of plates (some folded) : illustrations, maps, plans ; 46 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2022 57Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Sometimes attributed to John Gwynn. See McCarthy, British Architectural Library.
Probable date of publication from British Architectural Library.
McCarthy, M. Origins of the Gothic revival, pages 12-13
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 1478-1840, 3841
Adams, B. London illustrated, 38
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers, 1556-1785, 223
English short title catalogue, T102004
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in quarter calf and marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- England -- London.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.