IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Osborne's guide to the grand junction of Birmingham, Liverpool, and Manchester railway , 1838
Osborne's guide to the grand junction of Birmingham, Liverpool, and Manchester railway : with the geography of the country : through which the line passes, and complete guides to the towns of Birmingham, Liverpool, and Manchester : illustrated with numerous wood engravings and maps.
- Additional Title(s):
Osborne's grand junction railway guide
Guide to the grand junction, of Birmingham, Liverpool, and Manchester railway
- Second edition.
- Birmingham [England] : E.C. & W. Osborne, 30, Bennett's Hill ; 1838.
London : Simpkin, Marshall, and Co. : Darton and Clark : sold by all booksellers, 1838.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 347, 38 p.,  folded leaves of plates : ill., maps ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsHE3020.L8 O73 1838Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Spine title: Osborne's grand junction railway guide.
Maps engraved by David Smith, Birmingham.
Engraved vignette on t.p.
"Notices": p. 1-38 at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in green blind-stamped publisher's cloth. Bookseller's label: George Gregory. Bookseller to Her Majesty, Queen Alexandra, 5, Argyle Street, Bath.  p. at end containing advertisements and engraved trade cards.
- Subject Terms:
- Birmingham (England) -- Description and travel.Darton and Clark -- Publisher.E.C. & W. Osborne -- Publisher.Great Britain -- Guidebooks.Gregory, George -- Bookseller.Liverpool (England) -- Description and travel.London and North-Western Railway -- Timetables.Manchester (England) -- Description and travel.Railroads -- Fares -- Great Britain.Railroads -- Great Britain -- Guidebooks.Railroads -- Great Britain -- Timetables.Simpkin, Marshall, and Co. -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1838.
Engravings -- 1838.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.