IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Overton, Henry, 1675 or 1676-1751, America, [after 1727]
- Additional Title(s):
To her most sacred majty. Caroline Queen of Great Britain, France and Ireland, this mapp of America is most humbly dedicated by your Majesties most dutyfull subject Henry Overton
- [London] : [Henry Overton], [after 1727]
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : outline color ; 56.7 x 97.3 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio C 2009 7Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale ca. 1:13,000,000.
- Inset shows polar projection.
Illustrations include Niagara Falls and beavers and 9 views from DeBry of Native Americans and fishing in Newfoundland.
Dedication by Henry Overton to: Caroline queen of Great Britain, France and Ireland.
Map collectors circle, no. 8, item 92
- Subject Terms:
- Caroline, Queen, consort of George II, King of Great Britain, 1683-1737.Cartouches (Gold Mining)Cartouches (Slavery)Maps shelf.Views, Topographical (Niagara Falls, N.Y. and Ont.)Western Hemisphere -- Maps.Western Hemisphere.
Wilde Americk - Discovery and Exploration of the New World, 1500-1850 (Yale Center for British Art, 2001-09-27 - 2001-09-27) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.