Views of the several parts of the palace, or castle of Versailles , [1725?]
- Views of the several parts of the palace, or castle of Versailles : as likewise of all the fountains, basins, groves, parterras, and other the most beautifull parts of the gardens : wherein are represented whatever are remarkable, as, statues, groups of figures, water-falls, &c. : drawn on the spot, by order, and with ye approbation of the French king : engraved in the year 1725.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Prospects, of palaces & other publick buildings in France, Italy, Spain, &c. very neatly engraved
- [London] : Printed and sold by H. Overton, and I. Hool, at the White Horse without Newgate, London, [1725?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 21 x 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDC801.V56 V54 1725+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Added engraved t.p.: Prospects, of palaces & other publick buildings in France, Italy, Spain, &c. very neatly engraved.
Engraved throughout. Initial engraved title page signed: B. Cole.
BAC: British Art Center copy has bound with it: Delineatio domvs recreaticis adjacentiumq prospectuum amoenissimorum extra urben Zutphaniensem. [Amsterdam : P. Schenk, ca. 1700]. Bookplate: Weston Library. Bound in Cambridge-style plain and sprinkled panelled calf binding.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Modern -- 18th century -- Europe -- Early works to 1800.Château de Versailles (Versailles, France) -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- [1725?]Hoole, J. -- Printer.Overton, H. -- Printer.Palaces -- France -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Parc de Versailles (Versailles, France) -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Public buildings -- Europe -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Weston Library -- Bookplate.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.