Aya Sofia, Constantinople : as recently restored by order of H.M. the Sultan Abdul-Medjid / from the original drawings by Chevalier Gaspard Fossati ; lithographed by Louis Haghe, Esq.
- London : Published August 14th 1852, by Messrs. P. & D. Colnaghi & Co., publishers to her Majesty, 13 & 14, Pall Mall East, .
- Physical Description:
- 6 pages, , 25 leaves of plates : illustrations ; 56 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2022 1 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2022 1 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title page chromolithographed.
"Description historique des planches" edited from the notes of Fossati by Vte. Adalbert de Beaumont.
Lithographed by L. Haghe, after Fossati and Gayer.
At foot of plates: "Day & Son, Lithrs. to The Queen."
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 396 and 397
BAC Folio B 2022 1 Copy 1: The Abbey copy, no. 396. Plates are hand-colored. In contemporary purple moiré diagonal ribbed cloth, morocco spine, title lettered in gilt on front and on spine. Bound by Leighton, Son & Hodge with ticket.
BAC Folio B 2022 1 Copy 2: The Abbey copy, no. 397. Plates are hand-colored. Pages mouted and loose in contemporary portfolio with purple moiré cloth sides, with morocco spine and morocco label lettered in gilt on front.
- Subject Terms:
- Ayasofya Müzesi -- Pictorial works.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.