The Builder's golden rule, or, The youth's sure guide : containing the greatest variety or ornamental and useful designs in architecture and carpentry : ... to which is added, and estimate of prices for materials and labour, and labour only, with references to specific designs / by William Pain.
- Additional Title(s):
Builder's golden rule.
Youth's sure guide.
- Third edition.
- London : Printed by and for H.D. Steele, 1790.
- Physical Description:
- [iv], 18, 54 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA2515 P35 1790Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: List of prices for materials: 54 p. at end.
Illustrations by Woodman; after William Pain.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Details -- Early works to 1800.Building -- Details -- Early works to 1800.Building -- Estimates -- Early works to 1800.Decoration and ornament, Architectural -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1790.Steele, H.D. -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Pain, William, 1730?-1790?, The Builder's golden rule, or, The youth's sure guide , 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.