Parkinson, Thomas, active 1769-1789, Flower painting made easy , [1760?]
- Flower painting made easy : being a collection of correct outlines after nature / by Tho. Parkinson painter ; and well engrav'd on 72 copper plates, ...
- London : Printed for Robert Sayer, [1760?].
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : chiefly ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQK98.2 P37 1760Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- ESTC N32402
Henrey, B. British botanical and horticultural literature before 1800. v. 2. p. 462.
Date of publication from Henrey.
Engraved t.p. Title within floral border.
BAC: British Art Center copy appears to be imperfect: consists of plates only. Instructions for coloring of flowers, painting upon silk, and coloring the plates wanting.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- Botanical illustration -- Early works to 1800.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Flowers in art -- Early works to 1800.Sayer, Robert -- Publisher.Watercolor painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Watercolor painting -- Technique.
- Drawing books.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- [1760?].
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.