IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Prout, Samuel, 1783-1852, A series of views of rural cottages in the West of England , 1819]
A series of views of rural cottages in the West of England : drawn and etched in imitation of chalk / by Samuel Prout.
- [London : R. Ackermann's Repository of arts, 1819]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA7562 .P76 1819+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA7562 .P76 1819+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Cover title, on printed label.
Imprint from plates. All plates dated Jan. 1 1819.
Archer, J. British domestic architecture, 268.1
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 174
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy, with colored plates. In original red wrapper with embossed floral pattern. Title label has "Twelve plates Twelve Shillings" at foot and is printed on white paper. Copy 2 is uncolored. In plain red wrapper in standard oblong folio format. Title label has "Twelve plates price Fifteen Shillings" at foot and is printed on yellow paper.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, R. -- Publisher.Architecture, Domestic -- England.Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain.Cottages -- Great Britain.England -- Pictorial works.Thiraff, M. L. -- Autograph.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1819.
Lithographs -- 1819.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.