Parrott, William, 1813-1869, London from the Thames , [1840-1841]
- London from the Thames / by Wm. Parrott ; dedicated by special permission to the Rt. Honble. the Lord Mayor.
- London : Henry Brooks, 87, New Bond Street. Printed by C. Hullmandel, [1840-1841]
- Physical Description:
- 13 prints : tinted lithographs; sheets 42 x 57 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2014 4 Copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2014 4 Copy 2Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2014 4 Copy 3Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Thirteen lithographed views, including the lithographed title page.
Dates of publication from plates.
Originally issued in four parts, with wrapper title: London from the Thames ; being a series of views of the metropolis, from that noble river. From original drawings by W. Parrott, Esq. To be completed in four parts, each containing three views. Price, Plain, 12s. per part; coloured, 21s. Published by H. Brooks, 319, Regent Street, Portland Place.
Plates, 2, 3, 6, 8, and 11 printed by M. & N. Hanhart. The others by Charles Hullmandel.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 237
Adams, B. London illustrated, 1604-1851, 198
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 in original parts, in publisher's printed wrappers.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 bound in 1 volume. Imperfect: lacks plate 9 "Pool looking towards London Bridge." In quarter brown cloth, with printed wrappers to the original parts affixed to both covers.
BAC: British Art Center copy 3 is the Abbey copy. Hand-colored. In publisher's original brown cloth portfolio, stamped in gilt. Sheets bear the embossed stamp of Bristol Paper.
- [title illustration] Embarcation of the Right Honble. the Lord Mayor from the Tower -- London Bridge from the Pool -- Chelsea with part of the Old Church & Sir Hans Sloane's tomb -- West India Docks from the South East -- Westminster & Hungerford from Waterloo Bridge -- Lambeth & Westminster -- Southwark Bridge from London Bridge -- Ship building at Limehouse, the president on the stocks -- The Pool, from London Bridge, morning -- Waterloo Bridge from the west with a boat race -- The Pool, looking towards London Bridge -- Greenwich and the Dreadnought -- Somerset House. St Pauls & Blackfriars Bridge from Waterloo Bridge.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- England -- London.Brooks, Henry, -- Publisher.London (England) -- Pictorial works.Rivers -- England -- London -- Pictorial works.Thames River (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1840-1841.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.