Parrott, William, 1813-1869, London from the Thames , [1840-1841]
London from the Thames / by Wm. Parrott ; dedicated by special permission to the Rt. Honble. the Lord Mayor.
- London : Henry Brooks, 87, New Bond Street. Printed by C. Hullmandel, [1840-1841]
- Physical Description:
- 13 prints : tinted lithographs; sheets 42 x 57 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2014 4 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2014 4 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2014 4 Copy 3Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 237
Dates of publication from plates.
Originally issued in four parts, with wrapper title: London from the Thames ; being a series of views of the metropolis, from that noble river. From original drawings by W. Parrott, Esq. To be completed in four parts, each containing three views. Price, Plain, 12s. per part; coloured, 21s. Published by H. Brooks, 319, Regent Street, Portland Place.
Plates, 2, 3, 6, 8, and 11 printed by M. & N. Hanhart. The others by Charles Hullmandel.
Adams, B. London illustrated, 1604-1851, 198
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 in original parts, in publisher's printed wrappers.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 bound in 1 volume. Imperfect: lacks plate 9 "Pool looking towards London Bridge." In quarter brown cloth, with printed wrappers to the original parts affixed to both covers.
BAC: British Art Center copy 3 is the Abbey copy. Hand-colored. In publisher's original brown cloth portfolio, stamped in gilt. Sheets bear the embossed stamp of Bristol Paper.
Thirteen lithographed views, including the lithographed title page.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- England -- London.Brooks, Henry, -- Publisher.London (England) -- Pictorial works.Rivers -- England -- London -- Pictorial works.Thames River (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1840-1841.
- [title illustration] Embarcation of the Right Honble. the Lord Mayor from the Tower
- London Bridge from the Pool
- Chelsea with part of the Old Church & Sir Hans Sloane's tomb
- West India Docks from the South East
- Westminster & Hungerford from Waterloo Bridge
- Lambeth & Westminster
- Southwark Bridge from London Bridge
- Ship building at Limehouse, the president on the stocks
- The Pool, from London Bridge, morning
- Waterloo Bridge from the west with a boat race
- The Pool, looking towards London Bridge
- Greenwich and the Dreadnought
- Somerset House. St Pauls & Blackfriars Bridge from Waterloo Bridge.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.