Pyne, W. H. (William Henry), 1769-1843, A day's journal of a sponge , 1824
A day's journal of a sponge / by Peter Pasquin [pseud.].
- London : Published for the proprietor, by Rowney and Forster, 51, Rathbone Place, 1824.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 26 x 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1479.P96 D39 1824+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title.
"Price half-a-guinea" at foot of upper wrapper.
Title within ornamental borders.
Peter Pasquin is a pseudonym of William Henry Pyne. Cf. Halkett and Laing.
Plates and illustrations were published by W. Egerton, London, 1824.
Although plates are unsigned, Abbey suggests they may be by M. Egerton.
Abbey, J. R. Life, 289
Halkett and Laing (2nd ed.), II, 12
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Original brown wrappers. Lower wrapper missing.
- Subject Terms:
- Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain.Caricatures and cartoons -- Social aspects.Egerton, W. -- PublisherEnglish wit and humor, Pictorial.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 18th century.London (England) -- Social life and customs -- Humor.Rowney and Forster -- PublisherSatire, English.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1824
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.