Payne's panorama of the Rhine : exhibiting in one continued view, both banks of the river : from Mayence to Coblentz : the Siebengebirge and Cologne : engraved from original drawings, in sixty views on twenty steel plates.
- Additional Title(s):
Panorama of the Rhine
- London : Brain and Payne, 12, Paternoster Row, and of all booksellers, [ca. 1850]
- Physical Description:
- , 48 p., 20 leaves of plates : ill. ; 21 x 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDD801.R74 P39 1850+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations by A.H. Payne.
Date of publication from Abbey.
Text in English and French, in double columns.
Twenty plates on twenty leaves, each plate containing three strip views of the river with place names below in English and French.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 586
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original sand grained cloth, blind tooled at edges, gilt title within ornaments.
- Subject Terms:
- Brain and Payne -- Publisher.Rhine River Valley -- Pictorial works.Steel engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1850.
YCBA Collections Search
Payne, A. H. (Albert Henry), 1812-1902, Payne's panorama of the Rhine , [ca. 1850]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.