IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Payne, John, 1710-1771, Twelve designs of country-houses , 1757
Twelve designs of country-houses : of two, three and four rooms on a floor : proper for glebes and small estates : with some observations on the common errors in building / by a gentleman.
- Dublin : Printed for the author, and sold by G. and A. Ewing, at the Angel and Bible in Dame-street, 1757.
- Physical Description:
- 16,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA7562 P43 1785Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Full Orbis Record:
- BAC: Bound with: Oikidia, or, Nutshells : being ichnographic distributions for small villas / James Peacock. London, 1785.
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers, 1556-1785. Cambridge [England] : Cambridge University Press, 1994,c1990. 693
Attributed to John Payne. Cf. Harris.
English short title catalogue, T126930
BAC: British Art Center copy imperfect: p. 1-6 wanting.
BAC: List of subscriber's:  p. at end of text.
Each numbered plate is printed on double leaves.
BAC: British Art Center copy appears to have been a builder's own copy containing many pencil sketches and ms. notations.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Early works to 1800.Architecture, Domestic -- Designs and plans.Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Barnes, Wm. -- Autograph, 1784.Dublin (Ireland) -- Imprints -- Specimens -- 1757.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1758.Johnston, William -- Autograph, Armagh 1784.Payne, John, 1710-1771 -- Publisher.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.