IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Peake, Richard Brinsley, 1792-1847, French characteristic costumes , 
French characteristic costumes / etched by R.B. Peake.
- Additional Title(s):
French characteristick costume
- [London] : Published 1816 by R.B. Peake, 79 Charlotte Street Fitzroy Square, & Colnaghi & Co., Cockspur Street, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT871 .P43 1816+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Originally issued in 6 parts, each part with wrapper title: French characteristick costume ... Price 7s:6d. W.M. Thiselton, Printer, Goodge Street, London.
Aquatints by R. Havell.
Each plate accompanied by a leaf of descriptive letter-press.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 85
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Printed wrappers for the 6 original wrappers bound in.
- Subject Terms:
- Costume -- France -- Pictorial works.France -- Social life and customs -- Pictorial works.Thiselton, W. M. -- Printer.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1816.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.