The land of the Veda : India briefly described in some of its aspects, physical, social, intellectual and moral : including the substance of the course of lectures delivered at St. Augustine's Missionary College, Canterbury / by Rev. Peter Percival.
- London : George Bell, 1854.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 515 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., map ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS412 .P47 1854Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by R. Clay, Printer, Bread Street-Hill.
Illustrations printed by Day & Haghe.
Abbey, J.R. Travel 482
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in blind- and gold-stamped brown publisher's cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Bell, George -- Publisher.Clay, R. -- Printer.Day & Haghe -- Printer.India -- Description and travel.
- Wood engravings -- 1854.
Lithographs -- 1854.
Engravings -- 1854.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.