Decker, Paul, Gothic architecture decorated , 1759
- Gothic architecture decorated : consisting of a large collection of temples, banqueting, summer and green houses, gazebo's, alcoves; faced garden and umbrello'd seats, terminari's, and rustic garden seats, rout houses, and hermitages for summer and winter, obelisks, pyramids, &c. Many of which may be executed with pollards, rude branches and roots of trees. Being a taste entirely new. Likewise designs of the Gothic orders, with their proper ornaments, and rules for drawing them / the whole engraved on twelve copper plates designed by P. Decker.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Gothic architecture
Gothic architecture, part the second
- London : Printed for the author, and sold by Henry Parker and Elirabeth [sic] Bakewell, opposite Birchin Lane, Cornhill; H. Piers and Partner, at the Bible and Crown, near Chancery-Lane, in Holborn, 1759.
- Physical Description:
- 2 pts. in 1 v. (,12, , 12 leaves) : chiefly ill. ; 24 x 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA610 .D43 1759 + OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Title page of vol. 2: Gothic architecture, part the second : in forty three designs of paling of various sorts, for parks and clumps of trees, gates, hatches, &c. Likewise doors and windows, with proper heads to them; sashes of different kinds, &c., to which are added, several designs of frets for joiners and cabinet-makers; with frets and frizes for smith's work, brass and iron fenders, borders for marble tables, &c. The whole neatly engraved on twelve copper-plates. From the designs of P. Decker.
Spine title: Gothic architecture.
"Price 4s" at foot of t.p. to pt. 1. "Price 3s" at foot of t.p. to pt. 2.
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers, 1556-1785. Cambridge, 1990, 193
- Gothic architecture, decorated -- Gothic architecture, part the second
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Details -- Early works to 1800.Architecture, Gothic -- Early works to 1800.Bakewell, Elisabeth -- Publisher.Beaumont, Richard Blackett -- Bookplate.Decker, Paul -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1759.Parker, Henry -- Publisher.Piers, H. -- Printer.Westropp, Melford Place -- Autograph.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.