Persepolis illustrata, or, The ancient and royal palace of Persepolis in Persia, destroyed by Alexander the Great, about two thousand years ago : with particular remarks concerning that palace, and an account of the ancient authors, who have wrote thereupon : illustrated and described, in twenty one copper-plates.
- Additional Title(s):
Ancient and royal palace of Persepolis in Persia, destroyed by Alexander the Great, about two thousand years ago
- London : Printed for S. Harding, on the Pavement in St. Martin's Lane, MDCCXXXIX 
- Physical Description:
- 8 leaves, XIII leaves of plates ( folded) : ill. ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS265.P4 P47 1739+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Text engraved on double columns.
Most plates on double leaves.
English short title catalogue, T114392
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in half calf with marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1739.Harding, S. -- Publisher.Iran -- Antiquities -- Early works to 1800.Iran -- History -- Early works to 1800.Persepolis (Iran) -- Early works to 1800.
YCBA Collections Search
Persepolis illustrata, or, The ancient and royal palace of Persepolis in Persia, destroyed by Alexander the Great, about two thousand years ago , MDCCXXXIX 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.