A practical manual of house-painting, graining, marbling and sign-writing : containing full information on the processes of house-painting in oil and distemper, the formation of letters and practice of sign-writing, the principles of decorative art, a course of elementary drawing for house-painters, writers, etc. : and a collection of useful receipts : with nine coloured illustrations of wood and marbles, and numerous wood engravings /by Ellis A. Davidson.
- Fifth edition.
- London : Crosby Lockwood and Son..., 1888.
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 394, , 32, 16 p.,  leaves of plates : col. ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTT320 D38 1888Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Printed by J.S. Virtue and Co., Limited, City Road.
BAC: British Art Center copy contains introduction to second edition.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind-stamped blue publishers cloth.
BAC: Publisher's advertisements:  p. at end.
- Subject Terms:
- House painting.Lettering.Lockwood, Crosby and Son. -- Publisher.Sign painting.Virtue, J. S. and Co. -- Printer
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored.
YCBA Collections Search
Davidson, Ellis A., -1878, A practical manual of house-painting, graining, marbling and sign-writing , 1888
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.