Phillips, Watts, 1825-1874, Showing how the honorable Mr. Teddington Locke, "MP," was not returned for the incorruptible Borough of Bubengrub , 
- Showing how the honorable Mr. Teddington Locke, "MP," was not returned for the incorruptible Borough of Bubengrub / drawn & etched by Watts Phillips ; from notions by Edwd. Grant.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Showing how the honorable Mr. Teddington Locke was not returned for the incorruptible Borough of Bubengrub
- London : Pubd. by Ackermann & Co., Strand, .
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : chiefly ill. ; 17 x 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5175.P3 S56 1840+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engraved throughout.
Probable date of publication from Abbey.
15 satirical plates on eleven leaves.
Abbey, J. R. Life, 313
BAC: Original illustrated wrappers,.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann & Co. -- Publisher.Elections -- Great Britain -- Caricatures and cartoons.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 19th century -- Caricatures and cartoons.Great Britain. Parliament -- Elections -- Caricatures and cartoons.Political satire, English.Russell, James, Master -- Provenance.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.