Phillips, Watts, 1825-1874, The model republic, or, Cato Potts in Paris, [1850?]
The model republic, or, Cato Potts in Paris [graphic] / by Watts Phillips.
- Additional Title(s):
Cato Potts in Paris
- [London] : Published by D. Bogue, 86 Fleet Street, [1850?]
- Physical Description:
- 19 pictures on 4 joined sheets : hand-colored etchings ; sheets end-to-end 15 x 179 cm, accordion folded to 14 x 10 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDC149.5 .P45 1850Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title.
Date of publication from Abbey.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 582
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. In publisher's original yellow pictorial boards. Bookplate: Georgii Somes Layard. Affixed to back cover is an ALS, dated April 12, from Watts Phillips to his physician.
Cartoon satire on the French Revolution, in 19 scenes. Accordion folded, with the first panel (bearing the title) affixed to front pastedown.
- Subject Terms:
- Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain.France -- History -- Revolution, 1789-1799 -- Caricatures and cartoons.France -- History -- Revolution, 1789-1799 -- Foreign public opinion, British.Layard, Georgii Somes -- Bookplate.Paris (France) -- Humor -- Pictorial works.Phillips, Watts -- To the doctor, ALS, April 12th.Political satire, English.Republicanism -- Caricatures and cartoons.Wit and humor, Pictorial.
- Etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1850.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.