Pickett, William, 1792-1820, Six views of Margate and its environs, 1797]
Six views of Margate and its environs.
- [London : Pub. July 1, 1797, by T. Simpson St. Pauls Church Yard and Darling & Thompson, Great Newport, Street, 1797]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 23 x 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.M42 W55 1797+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title and imprint from publisher's printed cover label.
Aquatint engravings by and after William Pickett.
Imprint on plates is dated April 9, 1797.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 270
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. In original blue card wrappers, with publisher's printed title label.
- Subject Terms:
- Darling & Thompson -- Publisher.Margate (England) -- Pictorial works.Simpson, T. -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1797.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.